Mock Driving Tests
Mock Driving Tests with Birmingham Driving School
Your Birmingham Driving School driving instructor can conduct a mock driving test for you during one of your regular driving lessons.
Mock Driving Tests with a Different Driving Instructor
Your Birmingham Driving School Driving Instructor can also arrange a Mock Driving Test for you with a different Driving Instructor.
This will have all of the same advantages as a mock driving test with your regular driving instructor, but it will also have some additional advantages:
- The fact that it is with someone conducting your Mock Driving Test that you have not previously met can make it seem more real.
- This could be an advantage to anyone that feels apprehensive about driving examiners or meeting new people.
If you choose this option your Mock Driving Test, Driving Examiner will be an experienced Driving Instructor who is also an examiner for advanced driving tests (you will not be expected to be an advanced driver)
Mock Driving Test Procedure
Your Mock Driving Test will typically be conducted during a 3 hour session, similar to your real driving test
Your regular driving instructor will meet you at the start of your driving lesson
You will then have a practice or warm up driving session lasting about an hour.
You will then meet your Mock Driving Test Driving Examiner close to the location of your driving test centre.
You will then run through the full driving test procedure:
- Driving Licence Checks
- Eyesight Check
- Show Me Tell Me Questions
- Practical Driving Test
Your regular driving instructor will sit in the back of the car throughout your mock driving test, but just the same as on a real driving test, they will not take any part in proceedings, they are there as an observer.
Your Mock Driving Test will last approximately 40 to 45 minutes.
At the End of Your Mock Driving Test
At the end of the mock driving test you will then have the opportunity for a detailed discussion, which might include:
- Analysis of any errors that occurred on your mock driving test
- Analysis of any strengths or weaknesses in your driving
- Discussion or clarification of driving test procedure
- Explanation of how driving examiners assess your driving
- Coping with pressure, nerves or apprehension
- Feedback giving an assessment and overview of your driving ability
The discussion will not be a one way lecture.
The aim is for it to be a conversation that you are fully involved in, and that hopefully you find beneficial.
The duration of this discussion will vary but it typically lasts about 30 minutes
- On your real driving test the Driving Examiner is running to a very tight schedule, they have enough time to tell you the result of your driving test, fill in the paperwork, and tell you very briefly of any errors that occurred
The remaining time of your training session will be used by you and your driving instructor for your return journey home, and to continue your driving practice, in preparation for your real driving test, and for good safe driving beyond.
Mock Driving Test Fees
|Mock Driving Test Fees||Manual||Automatic|
|3 Hour Training Session with your Driving Instructor||£96.00||£108.00|
|Mock Driving Test|
including discussion and feedback with a different Driving Instructor
Pages in the Learning to Drive section of the Birmingham Driving School website:
Sections of the Birmingham Driving School website:
- Birmingham Driving School home page
- Important Information about Birmingham Driving School
- Learning to Drive with Birmingham Driving School
- Theory and Practical Driving Tests Guide
- Full Licence Holders Driver Training
- Taxi Driver Training
- Advanced, Defensive and Eco Driving
- Driving Instructor Training and Jobs
- Terms of Business
- Special Offers
- Other Resources
- Law & Documentation A Driver’s Guide
- Get In Touch with Birmingham Driving School